At Zion Lutheran Preschool, more than 25 years of teaching experience from our classroom instructors highlight our outstanding program that nurtures and grows the children of our community.
We offer multiple program choices for three and four-year olds which includes two day, three day or five day options.
Child must be three years old on or before Sept. 1st to be eligible for the 3-year old program or four for the 4-year old program.
We’d love to show you around our campus and preschool rooms!
Call today to schedule a tour – 618-234-0275
- To provide an enjoyable and rewarding experience in a school setting
- To nurture a positive self-image in each child
- To provide the opportunity for creative self-expression through play, music and art
- To develop each child’s social skills of sharing, taking turns, negotiating, regulating strong emotions, and empathy
- To teach children to understand and accept responsibility for their own behavior
- To offer curriculum areas of creative arts, science, math, language, technology, health and safety, large and small motors skills
- To prepare children to enter kindergarten
- To help children see themselves as uniquely created and loved by God
Creative Curriculum: The Latest Research and Best Practices
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool® is an award-winning curriculum for preschool success. Comprising The Foundation, five research-based volumes that provide the knowledge base of the curriculum, and the Daily Resources, which offer step-by-step guidance in the form of Teaching Guides and additional daily teaching tools, The Creative Curriculum for Preschool is fully aligned with the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework and state early learning standards.
Using exploration and discovery as a way of learning, The Creative Curriculum for Preschool enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills.
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool
- is based on 38 objectives for development and learning, which are fully aligned with the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework as well as early learning standards for every state.
- presents knowledge-building volumes and daily practice resources in tandem, giving every educator the “what,” “why” and “how” of early childhood education.
- offers daily opportunities to individualize instruction, helping teachers meet the needs of every type of learner.
- addresses all the important areas of learning, from social-emotional and math to technology and the arts, and incorporates them throughout every part of every day.
- offers daily, built-in opportunities for observation, helping teachers and administrators clearly see the strong relationship between curriculum and assessment.
- offers complete support for working with English- and dual-language learners, including detailed guidance that helps to build teachers’ knowledge about best practices.
- contains guidance for working with all learners, including advanced learners and children with disabilities.