Tuition Assistance Information
At Zion Lutheran School, we want to see students and families come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. However, we recognize that families struggle with the rising costs of Lutheran Elementary school tuition.
Tuition assistance is available for K-8th grade students. Zion Lutheran School is blessed to have 2 sources that fund our financial aid and 1 easy process by which you can apply.
Source #1 – LESA Building Blocks’ Program
(For more details visit http://www.lesastl.org/tuition-aid/)
LESA’s Building Blocks scholarships offer financial aid to children from economically disadvantaged families who wish to attend LESA-member Lutheran elementary schools. Funding for Building Blocks scholarships is raised through LESA’s fund development efforts. Consideration of requests will be given on a case-by-case basis to families expending less than 10% of their income on Lutheran elementary school tuition, provided extenuating circumstances exist. Scholarships do not renew automatically. Families seeking assistance with the cost of tuition through the LESA Building Blocks must apply for funding each year.
Source #2 – Zion’s Tuition Assistance
Zion Lutheran Church and School offers financial assistance to our families who value the importance of Christian education but who struggle to make financial ends meet. Funding for tuition assistance comes from members and a variety of sources within the church and school. Consideration for assistance is given on a case-by-case basis, and scholarships do not renew automatically from year to year.
2017-2018 “Family Grant” – Assists families with 3 or more children enrolled in our school.
Both the LESA Building Blocks program & ZLS use the TADS Tuition Aid Assessment online application process. To apply for assistance, families submit an online application found at mytads.com/fa/lesa. In addition to completing the application and paying the application fee, families must provide 2016 federal income tax documents, or other documents requested by TADS in the application verification process, to substantiate financial need.
- All applications will be submitted ONLINE through TADS at mytads.com/fa/lesa.
- To submit an application, each applicant family is required to pay a $34 fee.
- Please do not hesitate to contact the LESA office at 314-268-1520 if you have questions on the Building Blocks.
- TADS service representatives are available to answer questions on the TADS online application or required documentation. They may be reached through online chat or by telephone at 1-800-884-8237 from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM central time.
- Once your online application has been submitted, remember to immediately submit the required income documentation (2016 W-2’s and 2016 federal income tax form) to TADS, following the instructions on the application screen. Income documents may be uploaded, faxed, or sent through US mail.
- Only those applications that are submitted online by midnight April 1, 2017 and are verified as “complete” by TADS by April 15th are eligible to receive consideration from LESA for the May 2017 awards.
- LESA: Upon completion of application review and award determinations by the Scholarship Awards Committees, school administrators and families will be notified of LESA’s Building Blocks decisions by May 31, 2017 directly by the LESA office.
- Zion: Zion will also follow the April 1st deadline for our first round of tuition assistance distribution and will notify Zion families of ALL tuition assistance provided by Zion and LESA in the first weeks of June.
- Applications submitted after the April 1st deadline will be reviewed in the second round later in the summer with assistance being distributed in the month of August.
- Tuition assistance applications are then reviewed on a case-by-case basis through October.
For more information on the Building Blocks scholarship program, email Jackie Polys at email@example.com or call 314-268-1519 with your questions.
For more information on the Zion Tuition Assistance Fund, email Mrs. Ananda Baron, principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.