Hello to Monday and Hello to Start with Hello Week! Thank you to the student council for some special events on campus this week and a Fun Run to cap it off on Friday.
Start with Hello – The Sandy Hook Promise
This program teaches students to make a difference with their peers in a simple, fun, and impactful way. They take small but powerful actions to promote connectedness and inclusion, and to identify and help lonely students who are showing signs of social isolation.
Social isolation is the overwhelming feeling of being left out, lonely or treated like you are invisible. Young people who feel this way may pull away from society, struggle with learning and social development, or choose to hurt themselves or others.
Special events will be happening each day on our campus and led by our student council.
Friday is our Fun Run and will also be a special dress up day.
Friday is Dress up day: Superhero Day (make everyone feel included by dressing up the same)
- 8th Grade and Preschool – Batman or the color gold/yellow
- 7th Grade and 2nd Grade – Blackpanther or the color black
- 6th Grade and 3rd Grade – Spiderman or the color red
- 5th Grade and Kindergarten – Superman or the color royal blue
- 4th Grade and 1st Grade – The Hulk or the color green